Wednesday, January 25, 2012

18th Week in Cuneo-transfer to Varese tomorrow!

Ciao tutti!!!!!
My bags are all packed, the apartment is sparkling and I am heading to Varese tomorrow at five in the morning! I had no idea I would be leaving, but I received a call two days ago from President Wolfgramm. In fact, I will be whitewashing Varese (Sorella Walton and I will be the first sisters to serve there in years, if ever). It sounds like it is a small branch out in the mountains. I have heard from a few sources that it is beautiful and that there is no public transportation near by. We will take the bus from Milano to get there. Varese is right on the border of Germany, looks like it about less than a half an hour away. I am soooo excited for everything!!!! I have done a few exchanges with Sorella Walton and she is amazing! We are going to see so many miracles and turn the branch into a ward.
Sorella Willey will be training an incoming sorella, and she will be such a good trainer. It feels like we have served two transfers together because I have learned soo much from her. I will always cherish our friendship and what we experienced in Cuneo. I feel complete peace and confidence in her to move the work forward here in Cuneo.
I hope all is well with you back home. You sound like you are having wonderful missionary experiences and learning and growing as well. Thank you for your examples to me!
I would like to tell you about one of the ward's new converts, Peter Kofi. He is from Ghana. He was baptized by the sorelle about five months ago. It is incredible to see his growth in the gospel in the past few months, and how the Lord is using him to accomplish so much in our branch in Cuneo. He was just called to be a ward missionary, and the new Gospel Principles teacher. Even though it is a bit hard for him to speak Italian, he is not afraid of anything. He has the biggest smile in the world and loves serving other people. He will be a big influence in bringing new people into the church.

It is amazing to see the ripple effects due to the sorelle a few transfers ago. I know that each person who fulfills their calling with all their heart CAN and DOES indeed have a big influence in the kingdom of God, where ever they may be.
All my prayers and love,
Sorella Oakes

No comments:

Post a Comment