Wednesday, June 27, 2012

22nd Letter from Varese


Many of the most powerful invites I have extended on my mission have
occurred while traveling home from zone conferences in Milano. After
having been instructed from President Wolfgramm and the assistents
about "Teach-to-Find", Sorella McNamara and I were pumped to contact
everyone.

While waiting for our train we decided to talk to 7 people. We
approached the first and gave the new technique a try. Without
introduction, we shook a young mother's hand and boldly said, "God is
our Heavenly Father and He loves us. How do you feel the love of God
in your life?..." To our surprise, it worked! Even though she seemed
confused and shocked for a moment, she answered our question and the
conversation began. She was not interested, but we gave her a pass
along card and moved on. We immediately began talking to someone else,
and then another, and then another...6, 7 or 8 people after that we
found one of 'em precious pearls!!! (That goes along with our Como
zone theme, "The Como Fleet and the Quest for the 20 pearls).
We talked to Henock a young man Ethiopian dressed in a suit. We
learned that he had just returned back from an interview at the Milano
University to apply for the Master's program. He bore testimony of how
Christ has been by his side all along his progression in school and
life. He had the light of Christ in his countenance and we could feel
he was one of the prepared and elect. Thanks to the small dialogue
we had prepared during Training Meeting, Sorella McNamara and I taught
with simplicity, and the Spirit was sooo strong. I could feel the
Spirit working and flooding through our mouths as we bore testimony of
eternal truths. After introducting the Book of Mormon I felt impressed
to briefly tell the first vision.

I was filled with the most incredible joy as I looked in his eyes
and spoke to him. I felt the Spirit so strongly that I could not help
from balling. I have not felt that way while telling the First Vision
in a really long time. Henock was really touched by the Spirit. He
pulled out a tissue from his pocket and said, "Don't cry", but he
could tell I wasn't crying because I was sad. We got his contact
information and he cannot wait for the missionaries to come teach him!
The last thing he said when we parted was, "Will you pray for
me?" We said, "Of course we will."

What a miracle! All thanks to Teach-to-Find.

Love,
Sorella Oakes

No comments:

Post a Comment