Monday, April 16, 2012

11th Letter from Varese

Dear Family,
What a lovely week it has been. It's pouring rain, our apartment is spotless because our landlord is passing by and everything is just peaceful today. I cut off abou 11 inches of hair. Sorella Walton helped me cut the back. It is about three inches below my ears, with lots of layers, kind of like a bob- I love it. I know Gushy will be really sad, but I have a year to grow it out again.

The Lord has been pouring out his blessings this week. Sorella Walton and I feel an abbundance of the Spirit, our investigators are progressing. Sander and Piero are reading and praying and changing a lot. It is beautiful. The Lord really has been blessing us. He has heard my prayers. I have started the Book of Mormon again. I noticed something that I had not before- how many times Lehi gives prayers, offerings or sacrifices to the Lord in thanks. As I read that it hit me that I need to sacrifice something to the Lord as a sign of my gratitude. I usually think of fasting or sacrificing something to God when I want something, or I need help. It kind of goes in line with Anziano Oaks' talk.

I just want to say that I know that Heavenly Father's plan of salvation is real. As Sorella Walton and I met this faithful elderly couple last night, I felt so much peace. Even though they have many health problems, they love the Savior and they continue to seek to live the gospel. When we were in their home it was like being in the temple. The spirit was so sweet, and I know that they will enter into the Celestial Kingdom. I see my own grandparents on both sides in the same light. I feel so much love for you and joy for your examples to me, for the lives you live, for your goodness. I pray you will all feel peace even as you face hardships.

I know that the Lord always keeps his covenants and promises to us if we hold on and do our part. After we have done our very best, He blesses us, He makes up the rest. He loves us beyond measure. After we pass through the other side of the veil, I am sure that it will be more beautiful than we can imagine. The resurrection will be so wonderful!!!

Well, this is a short letter, but I just want to let you know how much I love each one of you all. I am doing well, and I pray that you are happy.

Love,
Sorella Oakes

No comments:

Post a Comment