Sunday, November 27, 2011

8th Letter from Cuneo


Quick updates about our investigators-
- Giulia- we have not been able to see her for a few weeks for various reasons. Last night we went to her mom's house, said a prayer, and knocked on the door. We said, "Hi, could we talk to you for just ten minutes?" Her mom just stared at us...The words came out of my mouth, "May we enter?" Whew, a little scary. She looked in my eyes with a blank face for a few more long seconds, and said "Okay, okay, come in, but make it quick". We said a prayer, opened her up a little bit, and then we could not get her to stop talking. I think she really likes us. But we wanted to respect what we had said so we tried to keep it short. We explained the Restoration in two minutes, and asked her what she thought. She is not interested in learning anything.Then we told her that Giulia is progressing so much, and has a desire to be baptized. This was a little scary, but we had prayed about confronting this for a few weeks now...it was a miracle. She said that she trusted our religion because she had seen how respectful the Veron family boys are, and how good the members are. She said that if her daughter continues to have such a strong eagerness to be baptized, that she would be okay with it. She also said that she would like to learn a little bit from us so that she can know what Giulia is learning.
I am so grateful for the power of prayer, and the influence of the Spirit in softening people's hearts. We care so much about Giulia, and know that her involvement with the church, and saving ordinances could change the outcome of her future! 
Osagie is continuing to progress towards baptism. We feel a lot of peace and joy in him and his goodness.
David came to church for the first time!!! We have been working so hard to get the ward members to join us during the lessons with him, and it has paid off! They fellowshipped him so much at church and he loved it. He stayed by choice for all three meetings, and he grew so much. I do not have time to tell you any details, but last week was the best Sunday of my life. I had so much joy because he was happy and felt the Spirit so strong. It is so exciting for Sorella Ryan and I to envision his future, and all the potential that he has. I know that I am here for a reason in Cuneo.
I have a testimony of the Atonement. I have been allowing the Savior to change me from the inside out because I pray for correction, direction and help. I am so so grateful for His sufferings for me, and for all of us in the Garden of Gethsamane. I cannot express my feelings. I know that the Atonement is real, and that was and is the Son of God. I love the Book of Mormon more than I ever have, and I have found more joy in its pages than any other book. I learn so much from it, and I would not want to live without it. How blessed we are to have the complete restored gospel on the earth. Let us not take it for granted, because it can make our lives so fulfilling and satisying. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and I am so grateful for his service for the world and the Lord! The Savior lives, and we can change ourselves and make a huge difference inthe lives of others if we seek to strengthen our relationship with Heavenly Father. He loves us far more than we know.
All my love,
Sorella Quincy Oakes

No comments:

Post a Comment