Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Week 2 of MTC

Dear Familia,
I grew so much this week. Humbled, sanctified, made low, brought high! Our elders and sisters feel as if the days are long, and the weeks go by fast! This is true. Elder Simmons (who spoke to us for a devotional last week) said that you don't necessarily have "bad/good days, or months". It's more like an emotional/physical/spiritual rollercoaster by each hour, even by each minute. Haha, this is true as well.
One of my favorite experiences this week- monday night was time for a district meeting/ "aka family night". Our district of six combined with the other district who have been here for as long as us. Wow, it was very chaotic at first. Everyone has become so close/like best friends with each other that sometimes it is hard for everyone to settle down and take turns talking. Finally our two district leaders took charge and suggested we sing, pray and bear testimonies. They are both very shy, not very confident, BUT humble and diligent. It is very apparent why they were called to be our leaders and we respect them very much. They will grow so much in this calling.
As each anziano and the three of us sorelle went around the circle bearing our testimonies, the Holy Ghost became stronger and stronger. I loved each person's testimony- it was sincere, and from their heart. We all agreed that we KNOW that this gospel is true, or else we would not remain in the MTC now. I particularly liked something that one of our district leaders, Anziano Rosium said during his testimony. He has the biggest smile! He looked into our eyes and said, "Many people would tell me before my mission, 'wow...you're not going to be able to baptize many people in Italy. That's going to a rough mission for you'. But, I don't believe that for one second! The italians are ready for us! We have received a promise that our mission is to invite those who have/are being prepared to receive our message."
All of us feel this way. Somehow, we know that we are entering a new stage in Italy's acceptance to the gospel. Our leaders have testified of this, Elder Perry said something amazing that I will write to you in a more personal letter, and all of the missionaries in our zone know that there are many Italians who will receive the gospel. I feel this excitement...I can't describe it. I am so grateful for the previous missionaries who have helped to prepare the way, and have planted seeds and prepared the Italian soil to become fertile...I was reading Jacob 5 this morning- I learned a lot of things, and received a lot of insight. Verses 21 and 22 better describe how I personally feel about the gospel of Jesus Christ in Italy now. Verses 71-74 are incredible as well! I am so grateful that the Lord has given me the gift and opportunity to experience the glory of His work and His power by serving a mission. I'm grateful to be a part of this great and marvelous work (D&C 4). When I pray to Heavenly Father, He sends His Spirit to bear me up- I need to pray constantly during the day, to stay awake, to concentrate and to have the Holy Ghost.
Love,
Sorella Oakes

No comments:

Post a Comment